Boy and Girl scratch off options.
I love easy crafts. LOVE them. I was bent on doing a scratch off cards for a gender reveal. So I used my limited GIMP skills and semi-cool Word saavy-ness to create Gender Reveal cards for a girl and for a boy. I did both genders because I’m sorta not finding out the gender until August 9th…. which is three Saturdays away… But… I could not contain myself.
Items and Cost Breakdown
- Cardstock (I had leftovers from our wedding) $2.79 for 50 sheets at JoAnn fabrics
- Corner Rounder Punch $6.51 (I got mine for $4 at a local store called “Bi-mart” during my wedding)
- Color prints! I’ll share the cards I created (Not for commercial use!) $6.50 at Fedex/Kinkos for 4 copies of girl and 4 copies of boy
- A paper trimmer ($16.75 here) or free at Fedex/Kinkos
- Clear packing tape
- Silver metallic paint (like this, any brand) ~$2
- Dish soap (any brand)
If you’re not convinced about the corner punch, it’s great, I use it for all sorts of paper crafts. Here is the difference between rounded corners and the standard straight cut:
What a professional look the rounded corners give!
After you’ve printed your cards, cut and place the clear packing tape over the top.
Here is the final product! I used a metal nail file to scratch off my over-zealous painting, and ensure the edges looked nice and round.
For the scratch off part, I’m going to share the video I watched, because it shows how much dish soap to add to the silver metallic paint MUCH better than I can explain. Plus, the video should get some views for her being so helpful to explain the process.